If you are a prospective professional baseball player, or a family member or coach of a prospective professional baseball player, then please know that the Brownsville Charros and other United League Baseball teams offer you five ways in which you may be able to join one of the league’s teams this season:
- If a professional baseball coach, scout, or trusted pro baseball veteran recommends you to one of the ULB coaching staff members. From there you may be given an invitation to a private workout
- You attend the Texas Summer League and perform well enough to be signed by a ULB or other independent professional baseball team
- You attend the Texas Winter League
- You can make it to one of our open tryouts listed on the league website page
- You also can get informed of independent baseball tryouts across North America, including those in other professional leagues, by subscribing to the notification service here
You are welcome to share this page with fellow teammates and others you know who want to play professional baseball this year or next year.
Please speak with your coach or athletic administrator if you still have remaining college eligibility about how attending a ULB tryout (or other independent baseball tryout or private workout) may affect your collegiate athletics eligibility.
* Please support the Brownsville Charros website by clicking on any of the several resources which you may find to be of interest:
Please take a moment to look our list of local businesses for the Rio Grande Valley at this link
* Get today's trivia question about the history of professional independent baseball: Brownsville Charros' independent baseball trivia page
* Find books which cover independent professional baseball's history since 1993: click here
* Get last-minute and specialty tickets to sporting events and concerts around the USA: click here
* Let someone you know who is interested in playing pro baseball about independent professional baseball team and league tryouts around North America: visit this page
* Find full-time and part-time jobs in Brownsville, Harlingen, the Rio Grande Valley and all around the USA by going here to find jobs
* If you are looking for baseball and softball equipment then please take a moment to find items with possibly good prices, shipping discounts or other benefits you are seeking: click this link